ok… i can’t help it. this is still a family-friendly site. just hang on a minute.
i’ve known millie since she was a teenager bitten by the shutterbug, feverishly taking pictures of anything or anyone who would step in front of her camera. over the years and during a time where everyone is a photographer, millie has emerged as a truly astounding artist and a remarkable business woman; pushing the envelope daily and rising as a true leader in her field of wedding, engagement and family photography. and… she gives all the credit to her Creator. and so, millie holloman of millie holloman photography is my next foolishnotions.net featured artist, redeeming excellence in art for God’s glory.
i knew as soon as i saw this shot that it was one of my favorite “millies” ever! this picture alone makes me want to save all of my money and go let her capture my family. why?
- first and foremost…. i love the fact that she even did it. expensive cameras and torrential downpours typically don’t mix in most photographer’s worlds!!! but one of my favorite things about millie’s style is that she often takes risks and creates brilliance out of the unexpected.
- i love how she framed the shot from behind the bushes for privacy. anyone can take a picture of a couple kissing. but only an artist can trick you into thinking that no one was there to take the shot.
- it’s black and white – on purpose. not every shot has to be color. not every shot has to be black and white. and the really great artists know why.
- i love the rain. i just love it. i love that it’s not all about the amount of makeup and choosing clothes that won’t go out of style in 10 years – it’s a timeless moment. who the flip cares about the hairstyles? let it rain!!!
- millie has such an innate ability to make people feel absolutely comfortable around her. as a photographer i would say that’s 90% of the battle. but if you met millie you would instantly know why. her whit, her laughter, her love for life is immediately disarming. when you meet her you instantly feel as if you you’ve known her forever. it is truly a remarkable gift.
now. you’ve heard my 2 cents on this shot.
go here to read millie’s commentary on this image.
give her your money.
you’ll be glad you did.