Nov 22 2008
- ernie is a resume producing machine… lots out there, no response yet.
- getting used to eating in more. starting to find a rhythm. makes me wonder why i thought it was so hard before. makes me wonder how many other things i dismiss under the pretense of being to busy or tired. i have a feeling i may find out before this is all over.
- dumbfounded by the number of people who i do business with who have lied to me or withheld information from me in order to charge me more money. really shocked. wonder how long this has been going on and how much money it has cost me over the years. brrrrr [shiver] – - i shutter to think.
- staying in wilmington for the holidays. we are blessed with tons of local family to share memories with. but i’m really gonna miss going up to see my mom and brother.
- $ hot tip: got a sam’s club membership today. they are running a special for students… $15 gift card with $40 membership. if you are not a student you get a $10 gift card.
- pretty sure i broke my finger the other day. i dropped one of the stage monitors on it. it hurt sooooooo bad. i honestly thought i would pass out. fortunately, it’s just the tip of my left ring finger. i went to cvs and bought a $5 splint. i’ll live. but it’s kind of hard to type.
- so thankful gas is down.
- $ hot tip: i quickly discovered that i have been too spoiled by fresh herbs to go back to dried. but they’re pricey and i can never seem to use all of it. i read a great tip to solve this issue at barnes & noble today. this is how you do it… cut up the herbs; grab a ice cube tray; fill up each cube about half way with herbs; add only enough water to cover the herbs; freeze; put frozen cubes in airtight tupperware and stick it back in the freezer. now each time i need fresh basil, i just grab a cube out of the freezer and drop it in whatever i’m cooking. brilliant! i can’t wait to try this.
- i’ve discovered that buying a whole bag of onions is cheaper than buying one at a time even if some go bad. this totally goes against my traditional way of thinking.
- $ hot tip: i have perfected a homemade version of starbuck’s salted caramel. you ready? international foods dark mayan chocolate made in milk instead of water + ready whip + smuckers caramel topping + a little coarse kosher salt on top = bliss. just as good as the $4 stuff… seriously.
- thinking i should get serious about getting in shape. after all, i just licked eating out and we now only have about 5 enjoyable channels on tv… that’s at least 73.2% of the battle. right?
- thanksgiving is next week – this is it! hands down, no contest, my all time very best favorite holiday. because, quite frankly, it’s just the perfect day.
what are you doing for the holidays?
will you brave black friday?